In today’s digital age, the ability to recover quickly from a disaster is crucial for the survival of any business. For companies in the insurance sector, like Veracity Insurance, this is even more critical. Veracity Insurance, a leading provider in the insurance sector, found itself dealing with challenges in its disaster recovery (DR) process. The DR scripts in place were not meeting the Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements, which led to an infrastructure restoration time of an entire week. In this blog post, we outline how Skaylink LT managed to reduce the infrastructure restoration time from one week to just one hour.
For Veracity Insurance, the significant time required for infrastructure restoration was a major concern. A whole week to restore infrastructure exposed the company to substantial risks in the event of any disaster. It was imperative to optimize the process. Skaylink LT investigated and found several unoptimized components and omissions in the Terraform scripts, which were previously maintained by Veracity Insurance. These contributed to the prolonged restoration time.
Skaylink LT was brought on board to update the infrastructure DR scripts to align with the SLA requirements. The team performed a comprehensive investigation and created a list of necessary improvements to meet the DR requirements. The Terraform scripts were completely reworked by tweaking and adding additional configurations and components that were either unoptimized or completely omitted in the previous version maintained by Veracity Insurance.
The key services utilized included:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform: This enabled the team to manage and provision the technological infrastructure through code and automation.
- AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS): A managed Kubernetes service that simplified running Kubernetes on AWS without needing to install and operate their own Kubernetes clusters.
- Multi-site WordPress: Used to manage multiple WordPress websites from a single WordPress installation.
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): Virtual servers in the cloud.
- Relational Database Service (RDS): Managed relational database service.
- Simple Storage Service (S3): Storage for the Internet.
- AWS Single Sign-On (SSO): Centralized management of access to multiple AWS accounts and business applications.
- BitBucket Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Automated workflows for building, testing, and deploying code.
Thanks to the modifications made by Skaylink LT, the infrastructure restoration time was successfully reduced from 1 week to just 1 hour. This not only met the SLA requirements but also significantly enhanced Veracity Insurance’s disaster recovery capabilities, minimizing the risk to business operations.
Skaylink LT is currently providing infrastructure development, maintenance, and support for Veracity Insurance. This ensures the optimized and smooth operation of the company’s infrastructure utilizing the services.
The expertise of Skaylink LT in infrastructure development and maintenance, coupled with the effective use of cutting-edge tools and technologies, led to a significant reduction in infrastructure restoration time for Veracity Insurance. This improvement not only meets the SLA requirements but also significantly bolsters the company’s disaster recovery capabilities, minimizing the risk to business operations. This collaboration underscores the importance of regular infrastructure updates and maintenance to ensure business continuity and compliance with SLA requirements.
For inquiries or to explore how we can assist with your technology transformation, contact us at email@example.com.